Monday, February 29, 2016

Future Legend

A few interesting things I picked up from the 417 trip was their willingness to collaborate with each other as colleagues and that is always something I enjoy seeing. Although, I noticed how restrained the look of their magazine was, so that makes me wonder about their separate personal approaches to the elements of design. How different are their ideas about the design of different pages? 
As they grow along with the city of Springfield, I hope their diversity of subjects expands to meet the needs of the larger crowd of people who are interested in the life of this town.


A few magazines I would take pride in working for...

Issue 69
All three are centered in art and culture on the edges of the norm and I would love to be the person that gets to search people out and communicate with the genius behind the featured work. The whole industry is a little too fast paced for me personally, so I'll just follow my nose.


Ideally...


In one year, I'm rooming in Kansas City with my best friend and going to a school that works with our creative energy. The state of our home is an artist's kind of tidy with the smell of coffee grounds and open bottles of paint. There are scattered school projects in various spaces, open sketchbooks, and a book shelf with our respectable libraries combined. Most of my possessions are still at my parent's house that I visit a few times a month. I have a job somewhere on the Plaza making just enough to scrape by. Paintbrushes are all around the house and I always have some kind of art supplies under my nails. We have a dog and a cat. I still communicate with a handful of teachers from High School and send them snail mail with Polaroids of my adventures (if I have the money for film) and cheesy stickers.
MaryAnn Puls' studio space:

In 5 years, I will know another language and have piles of stories to share with the people I meet through the job that I have. I work in the community through my social practice certificate. I'm still in Kansas City with Niki and the friends I made in college but we are all wondering about other possibilities in other locations. We have more pets and a garden that produces more vegetables than we can handle. Our house has lots of windows that are open as much as possible in the summer. The library is bigger, I have a few tattoos.

In 10 years, I will live in a different country where I know the language and culture. It's exactly the kind of place that I need to be and I get to support myself and the person I'm married to/plan on marrying. My family visits me once a year and I get to show them tons of exciting places and the people who know me.

In 50 years, my student debt is payed. I support young artists and buy their work regularly to add to my private collection. I'm married and have the space for a lot of shelter animals. I live somewhere near mountains and it's very green. I still paint and share music with people.


It's hard for me to plan so far ahead into the future, but these are the fun possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...I like to think in terms of "fun possibilities" rather than "plans" myself. These scenarios sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete