Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Love Letter on the Back of a Photograph 1938








"Everyone can hear you laughing and I'm not at the slightest embarrassed to be the one across the table from the center of attention. Surely they can see the sparkle in your eye from across the room. I hope that they know, single handedly, this girl has managed to tip the world on it's head the exact way you hear about in storybooks. you've managed to grab me by the elbow and tote me headlong into exciting situations I would stress to be in at any other given time. I'm so glad it's been you. It was always you at the beginning and it will continue to be you beyond human capacity. 
I want to shout it from rooftops and share it with people I pass in the street and whisper it to the cashier at the market.
I can think of a thousand situations each time we're together where I find the sides of my face aching because smiling is the only thing I can do. We seem to come from the same origin, like the colors of our souls coming together make impossibly great works of art. All in all, I think you are magical. The good parts of your day will always be the best parts of my own. If you tap your feet to a rhythm, I'll snap my fingers and when you cross your eyes, I'll stick my out my tongue. Our time together so far has been only a small drop in the ocean of the hope I have for our future, no matter the ending."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. There's nothing quite so delicious as that first-time, falling-in-love feeling, is there?

    ReplyDelete