Saturday, April 2, 2016

Reel Life

There are two questions that make me freeze up on the spot.

What is your favorite song?

and

What is your favorite movie?

I've narrowed it down to under ten, excluding documentaries, and they are...

Only Lovers Left Alive
Short Term 12
The Pianist
Detachment
Harold and Maude
Frances Ha 
We Are the Best
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Goodnight Mommy

I usually try not to judge a movie by the trailer even thought they give everything away anyway, but I usually know if I'll like a movie or not. My family finds it nearly impossible to get me to sit through a James Bond or Jason Bourne movie. Those kinds of movies are okay, they just don't keep my eyes glued to the right screen. If I'm watching a movie on my own, and I usually am, it has some some substance that I'll end up using later. I have to see some kind of artistic value in it and that might sound pretentious, but it doesn't always come from the same source and I'm not always looking for the same thing. 

I like to watch movies in groups of people who know how to act while it's on and you can't always get that in the theater. If none of my friends are available for a massive watching party then I like the house to be completely empty and tidied up. My room is an absolute disaster, but when it comes to watching movies in the living room everything has to be to my standard otherwise I find it hard to ignore. I'm extremely picky when it comes to my own house.

My quiz results:
YOU ARE 33% EXTROVERTED.
You are moderate in activity and enthusiasm. You enjoy the company of others but you also value your privacy.

YOU ARE 83% AGREEABLE.
You are generally warm, trusting, and agreeable, but you can sometimes be stubborn and competitive.

YOU ARE 58% CONSCIENTIOUS.
You are dependable and moderately well-organised. You generally have clear goals and are able to set goals aside.

YOU ARE 8% EMOTIONALLY STABLE.
You are sensitive, emotional and prone to experience feelings that are upsetting.

YOU ARE 100% OPEN TO NEW EXPERIENCES.
You are open to new experiences. You have broad interests and are very imaginative.

This doesn't relate back to movies by much and the questions were very difficult for me to find one answer for, but that's the fun in it I guess. I also think that saying I'm even 8% emotionally stable is a bit of an overstatement.

Not to be vain, but I'd really enjoy seeing my life as a movie. Someone told me once that I remind them of Ellen Page, so I think that could be really interesting. Vital events to include somewhere in the film would have to be my time at St. Jude's, the trips to the major U.S. cities, the day I found out David passed away, and when I sold my first painting. There's plenty of fun stuff in between and I'm confident there's even more to come, but I hope the movie has a happy ending even though I secretly hate it when movies have those.

1 comment:

  1. 8% emotionally stable! : ) I wouldn't call that an overstatement. But I think it's a sign of strength to be able to really FEEL things...

    ReplyDelete